Automatic Finger Probe Simulator / Tester
Our finger probe tester and simulator is a unique contact tester designed to press and depress switches, buttons, keypads, and membrane switches. This tester can be used for contact testing as well as general mechanical and cosmetic button wear. This tester can be used for contact testing as well as general mechanical and cosmetic button wear. It uses a silicone finger test probe which conforms to ASTM 1578 and ASTM 1597 Fig. 1 Test Probe Option. Optional Finger Probe ASTM1597 and ASTM Fig. 2 is available in a variety of mounting thread options. A preset number of cycles can be set for automatic stopping of the test once the number of cycles has been completed. A pneumatic air regulator allows for a convenient method to adjust the force of actuation.
As of October 2017, the new model, PFTE-1 (shown below) replaced the previous PFT-1. The new PFTE-1 model offers several new features and advantages, including:
- A new touch screen panel for easier user control.
- Easy setting of the automatic shut off at the end of a cycle count.
- Easy setting of dwell time at the end of the down stroke and up stroke.
- The ability to adjust dwell time during operation (i.e. “on the fly”).
- A new manual flow control valve to adjust the extension stroke velocity.
The new PFTE-1 model, which is available now and ready to ship, comes with a new pricing structure as well. Even with all the new features, capabilities and advantages, the new price is
- Convenient touch screen operation
- Easy set-up and operation
- Automatic shut-off
- Adjustable pressure loads, angles & dwell time
- Adjustable during operation
- Flow control valve for adjusting stroke velocity